Club Updates: 13/10/19
It has been a very successful weekend for the club with some big wins in some big competitions. David, Keith, Eoin and Aaron combined to win the County Intermediate Cross Country club title in Moyglass today. In the individual event Eoin bagged himself a bronze medal finishing in 3rd place. That result is fresh on the heels of the news that Shane has become the Adventure Racing National Series Champion after his hard fought victory in Killarney yesterday. We also had big numbers out training again on Saturday and Sunday so things are certainly in a good place at the moment. Thanks to both the Tri Club and our own club for supporting the Saturday cycle in bigger numbers this week after last week’s appeal. This coming week we hope to start dividing into groups a little earlier, this should add to the safety of the Saturday spin too. At this stage the only real race left is the marathon, everyone not doing that can start settling back into off season training.
- Monday – Circuit Training with Bertie – GAA Complex at 7:00.
- Mid-week turbos – there will be no formal club session. Informal sessions can be arranged through Viber.
- Thursday: running speed set with the Tri Club at 7:00pm at Nenagh College.
- Saturday – main club cycle – 9:00 at the Hotel. Starting group cycles this week. More details on Friday.
- Yoga with Mikey O’Dwyer – 1:00pm in the Leisure Centre. Cycle in the morning then stretch it out afterwards.
- Sunday – long distance club cycle – 8:00 at Tescos.
- Run session: our run group try to get out running every mid-week morning at 6:00 from the library. The pace is slow and conversational and we try to cover 10 miles each morning. These sessions are organised through the Nenagh Run Racing viber account.
There were 19 on the road on Saturday and another 12 out and about on Sunday. The weather was decent on both days. It was good to see people just coming out and doing what they could before heading for home. You don’t need to go out and flog yourself to death. Know the route, do what you can, then head for home. Repeat that every week and before you know it you will be doing the whole cycle easy peasy! On the negative side, the standard of photo taking in the club has deteriorated big time and needs work.
Quest Killarney: Gary and Shane were both wearing the club colours down in Kerry on Saturday. Shane wrote up a full race report – click here to read
County Intermediate Cross Country: it’s not often the club has won a cross country title so winning the Intermediate is definitely something to celebrate. Congrats to David Sheahan, Eoin Buckley, Aaron Quigley and Keith Butler for bringing home the bacon. The race was in Moyglass over an 8km course. Eoin Buckley led the team home with an excellent 3rd place finish.